Contact : Admissions Office / email@example.com / +82-62-715-2054
What's the deadline for submitting application documents?
- The application deadline for the fall admission is April 15 and for spring admission, October 15.
- Late applications will be considered for the subsequent semester.
- In order to be considered for admission, a valid TOEFL score should reach us before the deadline.
What are the required documents?
- You have to send the required documents as follows,
1. Application Form
2. Degree Certificate
3. Transcripts of Academic Work
4. Two Letters of Recommendation
5. Two Colored Photographs
6. Official scores report of TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC, or TEPS
What is the minimum qualification of English score?
- GIST admission guidelines require a minimum TOEFL score of 550(PBT), 213(CBT) or 80(iBT) from applicants who are not native-born citizens of Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the UK and the United States. TOEFL exceptions can not be made even for the applicants who have been educated in English. We also accept the score of IELTS, TOEIC and TEPS(Test of English Proficiency developed by Seoul National University) when the applicant doesn't have TOEFL score. The minimum score for acceptance is 6.5 of IELTS, 750 of TOEIC and 680 of TEPS.
Who do not have an English score can apply for admission?
- GIST has a rule of Conditional Admission Applicants from countries that do not offer official English tests (TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC or TEPS) or other applicants for whom it is not possible to take such tests owing to unavoidable circumstances (including schedule conflicts or excessive economic burden not including the exam fees) may be permitted to apply for admission to the Institute and may be given conditional admission upon passing the selection process if one or more of the following criteria are met:
1. If the applicant submits documentation related to English proficiency issued by the President and Dean of the last school attended.
2. If the applicant passes an English proficiency evaluation in a face-to-face interview administered by an English lecturer from the Institute, or a selection committee member during an academic event held by the Institute such as overseas symposiums.
The important thing is any students admitted to the Institute with conditional admission due to unavailability of official English test results must, within 6 months from the date of admission, submit official English test results that meet the application criteria of the Institute.
Which financial supports does GIST offer?
- Tuition Fees
- Monthly Stipends
- Airfare Reimbursement
- Free Dormitory Housing
- Experiment Costs, Thesis/Dissertation Research Expenses, Research Assistantship and Medical Insurances
- Another Scholarship Opportunities
[updated by admissions office : March, 2010]